Monday, August 2, 2010

Grandma


My 91yr old Grandmother is back in the hospital. She has a failing heart and now they have found a blood clot in her lung. They are thinking of putting her on blood thinner medicine to help the clot dissolve but are concerned because in the past the blood thinners have caused internal bleeding. Its a catch 22 situation...do they risk giving her blood thinners or risk the blood clot blocking her ability to breathe? Hard call to make. Her health is really beginning to decline. Her body is very tired and slowly giving up the fight. Its a hard thing to watch happen to someone you love.
I realize that death is part of the cycle of life and is out of our control but I cannot image my life without my Grandma. I'm a bit selfish and want her around for a while longer. I know I have to accept that one day she will die and my life will change in her absence. I dread the pain of her loss already and don't let myself think of it very often. I prefer to think on wonderful memories of her and all the happiness she has brought into my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photograph. The circle of life is sometimes hard to digest especially if our loved ones are elderly. But she hasn't gone yet and you should make the most of the time you have left with her. Keep smiling at a wonderful lady; she will continue to smile back at you.

CJ xx