Friday, March 4, 2011

The Map

The Map is unfolded and thumb tacked to the wall of my heart. Paths are highlighted and color coded.
Direction is becoming clear.
It shows which way to go, where to turn around, where to stay away from and where to stop.
Boundaries are drawn out.
I'm beginning to understand how to read this Map and be lead.
This is a Map of truth spoken to my heart. A voice of peace that resonates within my soul.
Making me sensitive to when to take a hand or put mine in my pockets.
Helping me realize when I'm stepping into a dark alley full of danger to turn around and run into the sunlit meadow.
Alternative routes will open up before me that will take me the wrong way.
I must be guided by peace. Follow righteousness, love and truth.
The narrow road.
Crossroads will be difficult. I must study the Map carefully. Listen for peace.
I can no longer walk the familiar roads I've traveled in the past. They will carry me to places I don't want to revisit. Places full of pain, despair and destruction.
Surly, I will stumble and get lost many times, but this Map is like no other. It leads gently, lovingly, with kindness and grace. It will never blow away. It is reliable, never changing, and trustworthy.
With this Map, I will never walk alone.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

No comments: