Monday, March 7, 2011

My Garden

Something beautiful is happening. There is a colorful garden growing in my heart. The Son is breaking down the thick brick wall of protection. Pieces of it are falling away. The Son is streaming inside, touching every withered place, bringing new life. Sunflowers are rising high with hope. Delicate violets are accepting grace and love. Geranium's roots are digging deep to drink the living water. Butterflies are flying in obedience. Tulips are opening every morning with new mercy on their petals. Potted, draping ferns welcome the winds of transformation gently blowing. The blue sky is filled with peace...

Psalm 40
I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
out of the mud and the mire.

He set my feet on solid ground
and steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the Lord.

You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings.
(obedience is better than sacrifice.)
Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand —

Then I said, “Look, I have come.
As is written about me in the Scriptures:
I take joy in doing your will, my God,
for your instructions are written on my heart.”

No comments: