Sunday, April 29, 2012

God = Love

Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious (boastful), does not display itself haughtily.
It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fade less under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

God and love are interchangeable.
God = Love 
Love = God

So, if God is love then we can replace God for love in this scripture.
I think its worth reading again in this way...

God endures long and is patient and kind; God never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, God is not boastful or vainglorious (boastful), God does not display Himself haughtily.

God is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); God is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. God does not insist on His own rights or His own way, for God is not self-seeking; God is not touchy or fretful or resentful; God takes no account of the evil done to Him [God pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
God does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but God rejoices when right and truth prevail.
God bears up under anything and everything that comes, God is ever ready to believe the best of every person, God's hopes are fade less under all circumstances, and God endures everything [without weakening].

Wow. THAT is powerful. Selah. Think on this....

I've read this, heard it, and quoted it many, many times in my walk with the Lord, but today, when I read it something shifted in me. Something happened in my heart.
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12
There is a transfer from head knowledge to heart revelation happening in me. Praise the Lord!

God loves me. God loves me the way this scripture says...I cannot grasp this overwhelming love. I cannot wrap my mind around it. I cannot believe I am loved in this way. Can you? Have you really ever pondered on it? Deeply? I know I haven't. Not until today.

I have a sticky note on my bathroom mirror that says,
"I'm God's special favorite."
I declare everyday,
"I am a child of God and He loves me."
My favorite saying is...."If God had a refrigerator, you're picture would be on it."

My mouth confesses these things, but, truly, I struggle to REALLY  believe it.

I feel I don't deserve it. I mess up way too much. I stray off God's path. I am rebellious. I am disobedient much, much too frequently. I am not worthy of such unconditional love.

And I say, "BUT GOD..."

My FEELINGS don't make something true. What I FEEL can be a lie. Whether I FEEL I am loved this way or not doesn't make it untrue. My feelings are fickle. My feelings change from moment to moment. God does not change. God's word is truth. God's word says He loves me. Unconditionally.

God endures my shortcomings. He is ever so patient and kind in teaching me His ways. He does not look down His nose at me wagging His finger at me when I mess up...again and again. He wants me to obey for my benefit. When I ask for forgiveness God does not keep a record of my wrongs. God rejoices in me! God always believes the best in me. He always hopes for me in everything I do...He never tires of me.
This is how God loves me.
Wow.
This is how God loves you too.
Selah. Think on this...











1 comment:

i am amy. said...

God's love is something i don't think i will ever truly grasp this side of eternity.
it is so mindblowingly amazingly ridiculous.
thanks for this..i needed the reminder. ♥