Tuesday, April 24, 2012

More on Passion

I have been thinking much on what my passion may be...I know God has ginen me many talents but what is my true passion? What makes me feel as though I am flowing in the purpose God has for me?

I love to teach people about the things of God. I love to study the bible. I crave understanding, knowledge and wisdom about the word of the Lord. I hunger after these things. I can spend hours, with different bible translations spread out around me, digging into the word. Seeking to hear a revelation from the Lord about what I am curious...I have a need to understand so I can share it with others.

I believe I am gifted in teaching. It comes very easy and natural to me. I believe I have a gift of being able to present the things of God in a way that can turn on the "lightbulb" for others. I can sense from the, Holy Spirit, how someone grasps concepts and reach them in their need. There is ease, relief, and a comfortableness on those I talk to about God. Whenever I began to talk, the word of God becomes less complicated, overwhelming and doors of undertanding open. It is a true gift from God. I give Him all the glory for this gift He has bestowed uopn me. I am merely a willing vessel for Him to work through.

I am starting to think my passion is teaching the word of God.

When I begin to explain the bible, something so wonderful happens...to me and to others. Within myself, I feel as though every cell in my being comes alive! Something rises up in me and my words flow so easily. I know this flow is the Holy Spirit working through me and the "aliveness" is God's annointing. Its an incedible feeling inside of me when these two things are in perfect sinc. Its as if I'm doing the thing I was born to do. It feels that right. I am on point. I am smack dab in the middle of God's will. Its an indescribable feeing to be right on the mark with the Lord.
And, I see reflected before me, the faces of those I am teaching...I witness walls of resistance crumbling, an openness to revelation, and a hunger for understanding. It can be qiute an amazing experience.

A very Godly woman once told me, as I was telling her about a revelation God ahd shown me in His word,
"You have a gift for teaching. You do. You wait and see..."

I do a small bible study in my home right now. I ponder whether God is telling me to open myself up for more...I have thought of inviting others, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet. Honestly, I am afraid. I'm not dismissing it....only praying for direction.



No comments: