Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ducks & Disney Cruises

I work with kids teaching gymnastics classes and the kids always say things that make me laugh. Here are some cute and comical things that make me love my job!

* We make "trains" (lines) to move from place to place during class. While making a train, a 4yr old said she wanted to be the "bagoose." (caboose)

* We teach the kids to do a hang on the bar where they put their feet up between their hands and hang upside down. I asked what it was called and a 3yr old said, "Its a basketball hang!" (Its really called a basket hang.)

* I have three siblings in one class and they were taking a month long trip. I talked to them about it during class and told them I was exited to hear they were going to Germany. They said to me, "No, we are going to EUROPE!"

* In a dance class the theme of the week was "Prince & Princesses." We asked the girls what princess they wanted to be. They began to tell us and one 3yr old said, "I want to be a duck."

* During "3 Cheer for Chores" week we were talking about how we can help around the house. A 3yr old told me that he helped Mommy, but when he was a teenager he wouldn't.

* A 4yr old noticed another child in the class had her ears pierced. She seemed a bit jealous about this, so I asked her if she felt jealous. She said, "Yes." and then quickly said, very sassy with her hand on her hip, "But, I'M going on a Disney Cruise!"

No comments: