Friday, February 11, 2011

The WOW Factor

So, for the past six months we have been receiveing WOW Reports at work. A WOW Report is a comment from a parent on how we, as teachers, have WOWed them or positively influenced their child in class. There was a box for parents to leave a comment at the front desk. The gym owner would read the WOWs and then email them to us. At the end of the six months we were going to have prizes awarded for the best WOW Reports.
Well, the results are in! I won second place! I won a set of really cool tumbler cups. I think knowing I won second place was better than the actual prize. :)
Getting the WOW Reports was a huge boost for my self-esteem. It was nice to know that I do my job well. It always made me feel good to read about how my teaching is making a child happy. Its good to feel appreciated in your job. My heart is very much in my work, so to know it shows is wonderful to hear. All the comments were heartwarming, but I think this one was my favorite.
*From Esther Hanson for Monica: "I just wanted to write down some amazing things about Teacher Monica. Miss Monica has been teaching my daughter, Elysia, since this past summer. I knew Miss Monica was very much liked by Elysia as Elysia would always talk about Miss Monica even after days of not seeing her. As I watched them interact I realized that one of the things that make Miss Monica great is her 110% full attention to her students--she is always smiling and she seems to really care about her students' progression. At the end of each class she would give us a verbal "progress report" for Elysia which was always positive and encouraging for Elysia. I would guess that Miss Monica cares as much for Elysia as Elysia cares for her. Thank you to Miss Monica--she has been a real friend for Elysia!"

Elysia and Me @ Harvest Fest

No comments: