Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Limo Surprise


It being Valentine's Day, I would like to share a special memory of a Valentine's Day many years ago...

When I was in college I was in a long distance relationship. On our first Valentine's Day together we were 14 hours and 5 states away from each other. I was in my dorm room waiting for a pre-planned phone call from him and there was a knock on my door. When I opened it, there was a man holding a huge box with a red bow. He told me to get dressed, pack a bag and meet him downstairs. He also handed me a casstte tape. I put the tape in the stereo and my boyfriend and I's "song" began to play. I opened the box and there was my prom dress. I did all I was told and headed downstairs not knowing quite what to expect.

As I walked down the stairs, I saw him outside. I thought I was going to fall down the stairs I was so overwhelmed. There he was and I couldn't get to him fast enough! He walked to me smiling and embraced me. I was shaking and crying. He asked me if I was ok and his voice was shaking too. It was incredible!

As we let go, I saw the limo behind him. There was a huge crowd of students around the limo and people were laughing, cheering and some girls were crying.
We walked hand in hand towards the limo. When the driver opened the back door, my best friend appeared along with his best friend. I was so taken back and surprised!
We all climbed into the limo and drove off as everyone watched. It was fabulous! It was like a movie scene and a dream come true.

We drove to V.A. beach and went to a resturant for dinner. When we arrived at the table there were boxes of chocolate and a teddy bear for my B/F and me. The resturant was so nice and the table over looked the marina which was lit up with lights from the boats. It was so beautiful and romantic.

After dinner, we went to a fancy hotel and stayed there the entire weekend. It was like a fairy tale. It was so special and an incredible experience. It was a Valentine's Day fantasy that few ever get to be a part of in their lifetime. I've never forgotten it or have any ever compare to it!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: