Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Semester...

Things at work are starting to settle down a bit. Things have been pretty crazy for the past two weeks. We started the Winter/Spring semester and have had much going on with learning a new schedule, trial visits, having many brand new Funny Bugs (3yr olds who have moved up from a parent-child class to an independent class)and having a beloved teacher (and friend) let go. Many adjustments to be made. Some good, some not so good.
There have been so many trial visits I feel like I cannot keep them all straight! Trial visits are great because they are potential new students, but can be a tad stressful. OK, maybe more than a "tad". There is alot of things to be done for a trial visit other than just teaching a great class...it can be frustrating to find the time to do everything. I just do the best I can and keep moving forward.
I did get some good news at the last staff meeting. My co-worker, Katherine, and I had the highest conversion (trial visits that enroll) for the Fall semester. We will be treated to dinner by our Gym Director. Nice. That made me feel very proud of myself. I needed that self-confidence booster.

Katherine and I showing off on the balance beam :)

No comments: