Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend of Worry

So, this weekend I had a bit of a scare. My sweet Buddah kitty was not feeling well. I came home Saturday afternoon and noticed she didn't meet me at the back door like she always does. Her normally empty food bowl was full and she was laying in the same place on the floor when I left for work that morning. She had her head down and would not respond to my touch. No purring, no rolling upside down and no meowing. She was super lathargic and didn't follow me around like usual. I had to carry her to her food bowl where I tried to entice her to eat some wet food. No such luck. I put her on the couch with me to keep an eye on her. I was very worried and scared. I've lost three animals in the past three years, so my heart was very afraid.
She slept under the bed Saturday night. She always sleeps on the bed with me. I worried through the night about her. I mean, its hard to know whats going on when she can't tell me what feels bad. Its a very helpless feeling.

Sunday morning when I woke up and got out of bed I heard her collar bell jingle as she came out from under the bed and followed me downstairs. Good sign, I thought. Still no go on eating but at least she was moving around on her own. She started to respond more when I loved on her. Purring a bit and trying to stretch out and be sweet. She climb up in my lap while I was on the computer and stayed there. She ate about two bites of wet food while I sat and petted her later on in the afternoon. She seemed better, but was not her usually spunky self. I began to relax when I felt her sleeping on the bed with me in the middle of the night.

So, its Monday and she seems all better. She ate the whole plate of wet food and has been walking all over me while I'm on the computer driving me crazy. I am very happy to have her back to normal.
I'm not sure what got into her, but it upset me terribly. She is a big part of my life and I love her very much. I don't want to imagine her being sick or not around anymore. I sure hope this doesn't happen again. I know I will be watching her closley for the next couple of days just to be safe.

No comments: